Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just A Little Aside...

I had meant to add this message from my guides to the post: "Resist Nothing," as they are the ones who gave me that mantra. (I journal with my guides-- others call them inner voice, angels, subconscious; I'll go into brief detail about that at a later date)
I had been feeling relatively good after my break up, but had happened upon a diary entry that had made me sad all over again.  The entry was from a few months prior, and it was recounting the night at a cafe when my ex and I had gotten back together - for what would turn out to be the last time before our final split.  I was so happy when I had gotten home, so dazed by the magic of the fact that he had said things to me he had never said before, things I had only privately longed to hear, pledges, vulnerable truths.  He had even cried and kissed my face, not wanting to let me go ever again; and later, in the parking lot, when I sadly wondered if the magic would last beyond that night, he assured me that it would, that we were awake and grounded and that it was real.  Then he called me "honey" for the first time and smiled in promise.  And I believed.
So, in re-reading the diary entry of that night, I wrote to my guides: "I was okay with this distance between ___ and I, but just now, reading what he had said to me at the cafe, I feel a pain, a sadness. It's not so much him, as the feeling that someone else loved me -- the memory of my hopefulness, sadness that the promise of that night was fleeting."
They, as always, immediately answered:

Resist Nothing.  Let the Universe deliver to you what it will.  Move all sadness and nostalgia out of the way - move into the flow and don't fix onto any pain - don't linger or grab onto things that impede your flow.  Trust.  Trust.  Sadness, depression, melancholy - all familiar ports but not happy ones - no reason to keep revisiting them.
Sadness is resistance.  Biterness, anger, resentment, loneliness, it is like stopping to stare fixedly at a car wreck rather than getting into the free-flowing lane and moving toward your destination.  Resist nothing.  Believe, allow, open, trust, let, surrender - let go.  Trim away the fat of your life.  Keep it healthful, joyful.
As they said this, I could feel what they meant. I could feel the energy begin to flow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers